I shouldn’t have jinxed it by mentioning the great weather we were having last week. The rest of the week has been cold, rainy, and pretty miserable. It doesn’t help matters that my whole family has been down with a pretty nasty cold for the last few days.
We’ve been eating a lot of soup, especially my Mom’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s really easy to throw together and it warms you from the inside out.
This coming week looks like it’s going to warm up and dry out so hopefully we can shake this bug, regain our energy, and get back outside!
What Will be on Our Table May 22nd-28th
Monday: Spinach, Tomato, and cheese quesadilla
Tuesday: Chicken Sheet Bake
Wednesday: Honey Garlic Shrimp on a bed of Rice
Thursday: Spinach and Italian Chicken (using my homemade spaghetti sauce from last week)
Saturday: Grandma’s Meatloaf (Wyatt’s all time favorite – recipe below!!)
Sunday: Sausage and Hashbrown Frittata’s
* I’d like to give a special thanks to my friend, Michele for sharing her recipe with me.
You helped so many people during your time here. Rest in peace, friend.
Before trying this recipe, I had never had a meatloaf that I liked. There was just something, I don’t know – wrong about it to me. It always tasted like a mushy cheeseburger without the bun.
I was skeptical when Michele recommend it but this recipe has forever changed meatloaf for me. Wyatt adores this one, calls it “Meat-a-loaf”, and he would eat it 3 times a week if I were willing.
Try it and let me know what you think in the comment section! You will not be disappointed!
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1 lb sausage (such as Jimmy Dean or turkey sausage for a healthier choice)
- 1 slice bread, soaked in water and then squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground sage
- 1/3 c. milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste (1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp. is a good place to start with most recipes)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a sprayed loaf pan
- Bake on middle rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serve with a salad and your favorite veg!