Moving Onward and Upward with The Happiness Project
The past year and a half has been incredibly stressful for me and my family.
After a tough negotiation, we bought and moved into our dream home. While moving, we also updated and rented out our old house. Wyatt is going through an argumentative and let’s-see-how-far-I-can-push-mom-before-she-blows-her-top phase. My father had a major stroke and moved in with us for a few months. We were in a major car accident, and most recently, my father has decided to sell my childhood home.
While knee-deep in all of this stress, I still realize how lucky I am. I have an amazing husband, a loving son who means the world to me, an absolutely beautiful home that I never fathomed we would ever own, fantastic friends and family who really supported me through all of it, and a dad that narrowly escaped death and came out of it relatively unscathed.
My Happiness Project this year is going to focus on lessening my stress, finally getting my house in order, learning to really take care of myself emotionally, physically, and spiritually (all of you parents out there know how hard this is), spending more time fostering my awesome friendships, and focusing on my marriage, my son, and just having fun and enjoying life again.
My Game Plan for May
May – Lessen My Stress
- Complete the 30 Day Clutter Free Challenge on my blog (I’m so excited for this)!
- Revamp my cleaning schedule – Make it more realistic
- Complete a large freezer cooking weekend (in preparation for having to help my dad move and more than likely being really short on time because of it)
- Continue therapy
- Learn to say no to people – and stop feeling guilty for it. Remind myself about what is really important for me and my family
- Learn and practice true self-care techniques (bubble baths and a glass of wine are nice but they do not qualify as the true definition of self-care)
I am so excited to really work on getting back to my normal.
What about you?
Have you read The Happiness Project yet? Have you started your own project? If not, please think about it! It is so rewarding!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission which allows me to continue with this glorious blogging adventure. Read my full disclaimer Policy here.