I am just loving this gorgeous spring weather we’re having here in Minnesota. Beautiful days bring mid-sixties to low seventies and cool breezy fifties at night – perfection!
During the week, Wyatt and I practically live outdoors, usually at one of the many parks our city offers. Although this red-haired, practically transparent-skinned mama has a love/hate relationship with the sun, we spend as much time as we can outside before the Arctic winter descends upon us once again.
Usually this time of year I am totally into grilling recipes. Unfortunately a storm recently obliterated our grill and we’ve been too busy to research another. So for now, I’ll have to stick to planning our menu with quick recipes that get me in and out of the kitchen A.S.A.P. so we can get back outside!
*Don’t forget to scroll down for the recipe for Super Easy Pineapple Chicken!
Our Menu for May 15th – 21st
Monday – Summer Veggie Tian
Tuesday – Spaghetti (with roasted spaghetti squash for the noodles)
Wednesday – Healthier White Chicken Chili
Thursday (Cheat day) – Grandma’s Meatloaf (I’ll be posting this delicious recipe very soon)
Friday – Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
Saturday – Low Fat Pineapple Chicken (Super easy recipe below)
Sunday – Easy Shepard’s Pie
Super Easy Pineapple Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (5-6 oz. each), trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (8 0z.) can crushed pineapple with juices
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Spray an 8 x 8 in. baking dish with cooking spray of your choice ( I adore my Misto Olive Oil Sprayer – much healthier than cooking sprays full of ingredients that I can’t pronounce)
- Place trimmed chicken in dish
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over the chicken
- Bake uncovered, for 25 minutes, using a spoon to cover chicken in juices 3 times during cooking.
- Serve over a bed of rice with your favorite veggies on the side